Monday, 10 September 2012

Week 8 - 2D Design

This week we reviewed concept realisation, something we have been doing all the way along and came as no surprise.

Task 1: Concept Realisation


This task asked us to select materials, tools and equipment necessary for our 2D Design for exhibition. Our group 2D Design is the Web page for our Helmet Cover.

Materials:

  • elastic
  • nylon / spandex
  • pins 
  • cotton
  • paper
  • pencil
  • helmets
  • white paint for plinth
  • helmet covers

Tools:

  • sewing machine
  • scissors
  • software

Equipment:

  • computer
  • video camera
  • camera
  • mannequin
  • plinth
  • internet
We have discussed these items and requirements many times, as part of the process we reviewed what we needed and would need in the future, making the overall process seemless and simple.

It is a great idea to follow your ideas to the end, sometimes things just don't work out the way you expect.

Task 2: Concept Realisation - producing a range

Here we were required to create 3 headline variations for the Exhibition in 2012.

At first I worked with the orange to see if I could add any value to the original idea. Mark came up with the idea of 11 on an orange as Creative Arts are located in building Orange 11 ... I thought this was a good idea that I could incorporate into my work.

add a face to the orange

just add the number

keep the words tight

Then I made variations to the original DL flyer. I went with the number and not the face ....

Option 1


Draft rework on original idea - I don't like the colours (from Kuler selection of Orange Complementary - the red banner below is the University Colour)

Option 2

Stage 2 - took away the red banner and made them outlines instead

Option 3 - preferred option

Return to colours similar to original idea and kept the Uni colour outlines.

Research:

Our Web page should reflect the values of our logo.
The concepts I would like to communicate are retro and Funky. 
The feelings I would like to communicate are fun and good times ahead.

Based on the logo design I designed the web home page featured below.

The long boxes are to hold You Tube clips, while the square feature boxes will hold photos of the helmet covers, when clicked they will expand and give an option to purchase.

I chose a Kuler set of colours called 1920's craftsman, to this I added a neutral colour from a 1930's package colour selection. The colours to the right are part of the the 1920's craftsman set but I have not as yet included them on the web page. 

Logo for PCK

Web page outline




No comments:

Post a Comment