Monday, 3 September 2012

Week 7 3D Design

This week we look at design communication with our 3D designs.

Task 1: Design Communication

This week's task asks us to choose a design from last week ...

We then list 2 key concepts we are trying to communicate:
  • helmet covers are fashionable
  • Helmet covers are contemporary 
and
We list 2 key feelings we are trying to communicate:
  • I will look good in this helmet cover
  • I look like an individual in this helmet cover, it expresses who I am
I think my design communicates these four key concepts, it would be branded as the Lady Gaga Helmet Cover (with permission), this brand alone talks about being fashionable and contemporary. Since Lady Gaga is individual in her style this would also evoke the feelings of individuality. I would also be transferring the glamour associated with Lady Gaga to the helmet cover, people will feel that they are glamourous and look good when wearing it.

Task 2: Concept Investigation

Here we review the work of our peers on the scale of 1-10 using the following criteria:

1.  Clear rendition of 2 key concepts
2.  Clear rendition of 2 key feelings
3.  Immediate visual appeal 

Paul Myatt:


Paul listed the following key elements R001:
Concepts - "use a classic or retro style" and "use colour palette to represent sports team"
Feelings - "a sense of movement and energy" and "happy simplicity"

1.  Clear rendition of 2 key concepts - 10
2.  Clear rendition of 2 key feelings - 8
3.  Immediate visual appeal - 9

Katelyn Preston:


Katelyn listed the following key elements R001:
Concepts - "childlike" and "bright = safer" and "mushroom"
Feelings - "fun" and "safety"

1.  Clear rendition of 2 key concepts - 8
2.  Clear rendition of 2 key feelings - 9
3.  Immediate visual appeal - 8

Research:

Here I looked at 3D Design and it's communication ...

Money is so easy, it falls from the sky.


Reference:

1 comment:

  1. If only. Last time I looked up to the sky some bug flew into my eyeball!
    Covered all the main points here well again. Good analysis. Gold star.

    ReplyDelete