Monday, 23 July 2012

3D objects from Territory Craft Members' Exhibition

During the week I visited the Territory Craft Members' Exhibition, July 2012, Outside the Square. If you're not familiar with it, it is located near the Darwin Museum in the Northern Territory. I thought I'd share some of, but not all, of my favourite pieces.

Birds on a Log, ironwood log with glass birds by Andrea McKey
I enjoyed the contrast of the natural wood, its texture and deep earthy tones with the fresh, bright reflective colours of the birds. I also appreciated the simplicity of the birds, the colours are not mixed, there is no attempt to add individual feathers, just simple shapes representing the bird.

Nest Light and Pod Light, cane, palm & banana fibre by Catherine Buckley
The use of natural materials to make these enchanting lights is fabulous. The soft light would add to the relaxing feeling and ambience in any room where a natural theme was required.




1 comment: